Medical Facilities require detailed co-ordination of Special Equipment within the functional layout of rooms, including complex and often competing services installations required to service the end use of the room.
Often the specific special equipment will not have been selected at the time of the Building tender. HSPC’s knowledge and experience with alternative special equipment needs allows us to;
- Bring to bear the experience across many similar facilities, to assist in the determination of equipment suited to the end use
- Be aware of other building element factors which are required for the overall installation, such as radiation, or radio magnetic shielding, and whom to engage in ensuring these aspects are incorporated
- Be aware of pitfalls and differences between suppliers equipment, and advise on how these risks can be mitigated while leaving options open for later equipment selections
- Design for flexibility in accommodating equipment that can have a life expectancy shorter than the building fit-out
- Make provision for installations so that variations due to final equipment selection can be mitigated
- Co-ordinate structural and services requirements around the special equipment installation criteria